Have you been wondering if you’re forever bound to the category you were initially awarded?
The answer is no.
An upgrade application can be sought by a contractor who in their estimation is qualified for a higher category in a given class of works.
The contractor should be able to show verifiable signs of growth in, but not limited to the following areas;
- An increase in professional experience in the industry,
- An increase in equipment and assets owned by the firm,
- Positive financials-increased turnover and cash at hand.
Contractors should note the following:
- An upgrade application can only be sought after a renewal application has been successfully submitted and a valid practicing license awarded in that financial year.
- That the final approval decision for the upgrade awardment solely rests with the Authority.
A contractor with good reason can also request to downgrade the category in which they currently operate in.